Thursday, March 02, 2006

Limbo Days

A lovely evening with J last night - supper and chat and telly.

We've talked a lot about the idea of turning the corner with my recovery. I know I need to be very careful not to be thinking it's happened before it has and overdoing things. But I am feeling stronger and certainly a lot more painfree - I walked down to the Co-op this morning and wasn't quite so worn out when I got back. ( The only hard bit was having to stand around in the queue in the shop without my stool - amazingly tiring!)

But before I'm sure that the corner has turned I feel in these sort of limbo days where hours can go by and all I seem to have done is napped or watched some daytime TV ( The re-runs of Poirot are a particular current favourite - I always wake in time for the denouement..) or put a bit of washing through. I don't get bored - just sort of frozen. Amazingly guiltless though.

A funny thing to have to sit through nonetheless - knowing things are getting better - but knowing I'm not better. Yet.

Not sure that makes much sense.

Anyway -Stoma Nurse Sue called this morning - checked the stoma for me and said that everything looked fine. She won't do another home visit unless I ask for one - but will book me in for a clinic appointment next month. That's progress isn't it? I mentioned about the night sweats but she didn't really have any ideas - she suggested ringing Alison the Colorectal Nurse to ask her. I might do that or wait and ask Mr Bain at my check up next Tuesday.

Oh - and talking of next Tuesday, she confirmed that as that will be 6 weeks after my op, I'll be alright to see if I can do an emergency stop in the car. If I'm OK and painfree from that, I can start driving again!


No comments: