Saturday, March 04, 2006

Driving

Yep - that's what I said.

This morning over breakfast, J and I were just planning a trip to Tesco's to get me some trousers ( All of my current ones just feel a bit uncomfortable with the bag - I think I said I've taken to wearing really old baggy shorts around the house...) and I was saying that it'd be great when I'd be able to drive myself and that I could probably have a go next Tuesday as it's 6 weeks after the op.

She said " Why not this morning?"

So I did. Drove the 7 miles to the supermarket - OK a bit more slowly than usual, but no discomfort at all! And we got the trousers!

J drove us back as I was pretty worn out by then but it gave me so much confidence to have done it - and J said that it was great to see me looking more like my old self behind the wheel. This doesn't mean I'm going to be leaping into the car every five minutes from now on but it is great to know that it's there as an option from now on - and a do feel like it's a real step forward in my recovery, especially after such an up and down week.

For those of you who are following the saga - bag still behaving, by the way..

No comments: