Monday, March 20, 2006

CT scan results

I spoke to Alison the Colorectal Nurse this afternoon.

She said that the abscess is still there but they think that it's smaller. However, Mr Bain isn't prepared to do a reconnection with an abscess still there no matter how small.

On the other hand, Dr Coxon doesn't think that the symptoms of the abscess are significant enough for her to need to delay chemotherapy.

I told Alison that I'd decided to go for chemo ( she knew already - I'd told one of the stoma nurses earlier and she'd blabbed!) but I wanted to talk about having it orally. She's making an appointment for me to see Dr Coxon to talk about that next Monday and, once it's decided which form of chemo I'm going for, then it will probably start the next week.

All in all a slightly better result than I was expecting because the chemo is able to go ahead. Now to try to persuade them about the oral chemo and to get the bag sorted. A few more ideas discussed with the nurse this morning ( which I'll try over the next few days) - but I know they now realise that there's more support they should be giving me to get this sorted. Another result.

No comments: