Saturday, March 25, 2006

The Enema Within...

Actually it wasn't too bad at all - all done discreetly and professionally. But still - better ways to spend a wet Friday afternoon.

The X-Ray was to check that the surgery had worked - pretty academic for the time being as I know that they won't do the reconnection until the chemo's finished now. But I'll get the results sometime next week anyway.

And last night over to Colpitts in Durham where J was performing her "Per Ardua Ad Astra" piece. It's a brilliant suite of poems about her dad - last year she and I spent a great few Saturdays putting together a music and visual track to go with it and we ran that again last night. I had a few teccy problems ( like running the wrong backing track for a while…) but J was superb! I just love watching and listening to her read her work.

She was supposed to be on with Mat Fraser but he wasn't able to come due to flu. I hope he comes back soon - his stuff is lively, challenging and damn' entertaining.

But Andy Willoughby stepped in at the last moment and read from his new collection, "Tough". Class stuff.

Off with everyone for a qiuick meal afterwards but my late night tiredness caught up with me and so I was glad to get home. Also I find that I tend to develop a really painful back as the day goes on - I think it's down to walking slightly bent forward as if in some way that makes the bag behave better..

Have to change that later ( wish me luck) - I've kept it on for longer this time ( 4 days) because it has been behaving so why mess with it?

Today I've already been up to Newcastle to get my car mirror fixed ( the trip I had to abhort the other day) - going back later for a haircut and a tiny tiny bit of shopping...

Feeling good today. Spring.

1 comment:

The Apologist said...

Glad you found the links useful Topsy. I'm always glad when there's stuff on here that isn't about f**king cancer..

I'll probably see you at Hydrogen Jukebox on 11 April as J is the co-organiser along with Andy W.