Friday, March 24, 2006

Redundancy

Well - I got the money into my account this morning. Never had that much in there before - feels like Monopoly money! It'll be a real shame if I have to spend it on subsidising my sick pay for the next 6 months.

But I'm sure there'll be room for a little bit of shopping...

Of course, redundancy's not just affecting me. 700 jobs are going in my local Health Authority. They can produce all the stats they like about efficiency and the like but everytime I go in there I see frantic people doing their very best to maintain a professional service with fewer and fewer resources as it is.

End of sermon.

Another chance to observe it all at first hand this afternoon. My "Contrast Study". ( That's a Barium Enema to you and I...)

1 comment:

The Apologist said...

I agree - some of the regional papers have begun to pick up on it. Trouble is that Durham doesn't have its own local newspaper as such.