Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Better Days

A really long sleep on Sunday night when I got back from hospital - in bed by 8.30 pm and not really surfacing until 12 hours later - apart from the bag trips of course...

And yesterday a very lazy slow day - but almost completely painfree and with a behaving bag as well! Oh - and my first go at Tesco Online Shopping - we'll find out tomorrow if I've accidentally ordered 3 onions and a scouring pad instead of a balanced week's groceries...



Today has been much the same - I woke fairly early and had a bath and wrote a few emails and stuff but but about 11am I needed a lie down which basically turned into a nap till 1! I can't say I've done much more this afternoon either. Part of me feels a bit guilty about all this lying around ( feeling I should be pushing myself a bit more ) but it's funny, this time it feels more like I really need the rest in itself - not just to recharge my tank from what little exercise I do. I wonder if it's related to my painfree state - in some way my body is able to focus more on the rest that it needs, rather than the pain.

I don't think I've mentioned my night sweats before have I? ( Just checked back and can't find anything) They started when I was in hospital the first time but I just put it down to the horrible rubber-covered matresses and pillows you have to sleep on. But it's still happened since I got home. I'll wake up completely drenched two or three times in the night and have to change my T shirt and pillow case. ( I can't change my sheet myself so I just alternate sides and air the bed during the day.)

I tried looking it up on some of the sites yesterday and although there are lots of references to them in relation to cancer, I can't find anything that makes sense in terms of my particular cancer, or my medication ( not really on any at the moment ). I'm wondering if there's a link to the radiotherapy I had but I can't see anything - I'll have to ask the nurse on Thursday. More an inconvenience than anything else but it'd be nice to know.

Oh - I 've abandoned all pretence at post-cancer chic. I 've found an old pair of huge shorts and a big baggy sweatshirt. SO comfy!

1 comment:

The Apologist said...

Well, balanced or not, they all arrived safely yesterday. The only mistake I'd made was ordering 4 pint cartons of milk instead of 2 pints! Need to get a cat now...