Thursday, March 30, 2006

I had a little Olive Tree...



Latest acquisition for my Summer Yard Project arrived this morning. Currently in the back yard so that I can see it from my kitchen. Next to it are a lovely set of mixed shrubs and heathers that J gave me for my birthday and then my Christmas Tree that I've had for the last 6 years.

So - back online after yesterday's gremlins. I was pretty sure it would right itself.

A nice visit from my friend M on Tuesday. Not seen her since before my op.

And a good day yesterday too. I called into the office to take my work laptop back - I'd been hoping that they'd forgotten about it.. ( Maybe this is the chance to get a new toy ... ) Sad to see the office nearly cleared of stuff - M & K doing sterling work still. I shall miss them personally and professionally.

Then to the cinema to see Syriana. An absolute class film - I can't recommend it highly enough - an very intelligent thriller indeed. Clooney deserved his Oscar for his role but I really liked Jeffrey Wright's beautifully understated performance. It even has a track from my favourite band The National!

Oh - and an update on my health? Well, as you can see from the above, I'm feeling pretty good at the moment. No night sweats for two nights ( I think Dr Coxon has scared them away!) and I'm trying out a new Bag Theory with Susan the Stoma Nurse. She thinks it might be a crease in my tummy that's causing the problem so has suggested trying putting it on standing up instead of sitting. Tried that this morning - 90 mins and counting...

Over to J's tonight. We're going to take her daughter D out for dinner.

Had a dream about starting with my new employers last night. A nice dream... Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Garry Nixon said...

Hmm. That reminds me. I'm planning to grow all kinds of trees from seed over the next few years. I'd planned an olive but forgotten it. Thanks mate!

The Apologist said...

You're welcome. Not having your patience, I got mine here...