Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Best part of the day.

Just got up - had a fairly good night's sleep. In bed by 10 and woke at 12, 3 and 6 to empty the bag but in between I slept quite well - I always get back to sleep afterwards and the night sweats weren't so bad last night.

But it is a chore. I'm always glad when the night is over and I can get up. Normally I'm not a great one for lying in so I suppose that makes sense.

Now I'm up, dressed, washed and shaved and breakfasted. Bag all sorted. As usual, not a huge amount to do this morning - a trip to the Post Office, pick up a prescription, a walk, read a bit, make a few calls and emails. Most likely a nap.

But it's definitely the best part of the day.

1 comment:

The Apologist said...

Thanks for this Indie

I've been having temperature "spikes" ever since my op and I think the night sweats are the latest manifestation of that. ( Seem to have reduced over the last few days though...)

I was on antibiotics in hospital and I've just finished the last course they sent me home with - when I saw the consultant on Tuesday, he said not to bother to renew for the time being. I had a drain for 5 days after the second op to clear the abscess.

About the reconnection - yeah, the unknown quantity is how many trips to the toilet I'll have to do - and yes, that is a bit of a worry. But the thing is that my ileostomy is temporary anyway so if that's going to be an issue, it's going to be the same if I have the reconnection in 6 weeks or 6 months.

But of course, remind me I said this...