Saturday, December 03, 2005

Not Another Cancer Blog!

(Written on 1 December - have decided I need a seperate blogspace for this)

I hope not - but it's looking that way.

Taken ill on a train 3 weeks ago - everybody saying that it was just an age/diet/stress thing. Took advantage of my Health Insurance ( wouldn't we all actually?) and saw the consultant tonight. Found a growth - gobstopper size.

Bowel cancer? Could well be. MRI scan ( check for other growths) and CT scan ( if it is, has it spread?) next week. Colonoscopy the week after.

Called my mum. Felt the need to protect her from this - she wants to talk to my middle brother about it - they're close - but I don't want a flood of sympathetic calls. And I want to tell my younger brother with whom I'm close. But not yet. No-one else yet.

Except J. My best friend and lover. I told her.

She was great. Tough and loving.

Had some toast later - and some red wine. And this Elbow song came on:

Puncture Repair

I leaned on you today
I regularly hurt but never say
I nearly wore the window through
Where was air sea rescue?
The cavalry with tea and sympathy
You were there
Puncture repair

I leaned on you today
I regularly hurt but never say
You patched me up and sent me on my way
I leaned on you today



Going to go in to work tomorrow. Nowt else to be done

No comments: