Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Bad Bag Day

I was supposed to go up to Newcastle today. Take my car in to get a broken mirror fixed, see a film, do some shopping, get a haircut - you know, normal, non-cancer things. I set off fine ( in a surprise dusting of overnight snow) but as I parked up in front of the garage in Newcastle, I felt the familiar feeling that meant the bag ( fresh on this morning) was leaking.

I was tempted to carry on ( I had my emergency kit with me ) but the leak was too bad, so I got straight back in the car and drove home to clean myself up.

During the rest of the day the bag has leaked another four times so far.

I have such a feeling of wretchedness when this happens. But I WILL get it sorted. I'm sure it's do with the seal itself - but I can't work out what I'm doing wrong - and let's face it I'm getting enough practice!

I'm still supposed to be going to London tomorrow for a work farewell meal. It should be OK - the only pattern to this I notice is that the leaks usually happen on day one - and once a bag holds it's fine on day two. But if it doesn't hold, no London trip for me - and off to the clinic...

No comments: