Saturday, April 15, 2006

Tamar Bailey

Day Three after my first chemo and I have noticed a tiny bit of soreness on the back of my hands. Hard to tell whether it's a side effect or not as I tend to get sore hands when I'm feeling a bit stressed anyway.

Not quite the active day I hoped for yesterday, but I did get to the supermarket and to the DIY store for some more stuff for the garden - including More Olive Trees!

In my post on Thursday, I mentioned about Tamar Bailey, the 26 year old who's being refused a particular colon cancer treatment by her local health authority.

I thought the name rang a bell. Ironically, my mother's maiden name was Bailey and her grandmother's first name was Tamar...

Anyway. Tamar has a website here - I've set up a permanent link in the sidebar.

2 comments:

astephens33 said...

Glad you're recovered enough to start chemo. What exactly are you taking? Hope you're doing well.

The Apologist said...

Hi Ann - I'm on 5FU intravenously for 24 weeks. All seems well so far.