Monday, April 03, 2006

Weekend

A quiet, almost boring weekend. But I think that's probably A Good Thing. Shows I'm getting better.

I certainly found that I was beginning to get my work/networking head together for the new job - a few notes and ideas. Felt good. I gave A my new boss a call this morning as it's my official start day and ironically he's off sick today! Will speak to him later in the week.

The other thing I did yesterday was to draft a letter to Mr Bain my consultant, explaining how debilitating the bag problems are and asking him ( as my main consultant) for his advice. The idea had come up in the session with J my counsellor on Friday as a way of getting them to understand the distress this causes me. If things don't improve by midweek ( I've got a Stoma Nurse appointment on Wednesday anyway) I'll send it off. Very therapeutic to write it anyway.

I changed the bag as scheduled yesterday morning, and apart from a little bit of stinging ( usually a sign of leakage) the damn thing has actually held! ( Sod's Law again!) Too early for celebrations yet though I think. It also inspired ( if that's the word) a new poem yesterday - once it's a bit more polished, I'll post it here. More therapy.

No comments: