Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Something to aim for...

Another great night at the Hydrogen Jukebox ( I'll find the link later - J says that the website's disappeared! - ed) last night.

As well as a brilliant piece from Kate Fox, there were great sets from Kalle Niinikangas and Bob Beagrie and from a very good Darlington band called 2 Many Units.

All the photos here.

And here.

And here.

Which is why was great that several flickrites turned up - Topsy, Pickersgill Reef and Scuola di Atene - as J said later, you couldn't move in the place for competitive photographers or poets. ( Well, she put it slightly more er...candidly than that actually...)

Topsy gave me this arrow from his Quiver as well. He'd mentioned it on the blog the other day and now I have my own. Expect it to appear at significant moments...

The rest of yesterday ( and I think probably what remains of today) was spent completely restoring my main PC system which went Blue Screen on me yesterday morning. Bless Bill Gates for inventing the ASR system - and curse him for having such an unstable/vulnerable operating system as Windows XP in the first place. ( One of these days I'm going to go Linux or Mac and have done for good.) Oh - and thank goodness I had the sense to do a half decent back up in the first place. ( Remember kids - try this at home...)

Note the huge amount of displacement activity in my life at the moment. I'm really quite nervous about the chemo tomorrow - I mean, I know I want it and I'm sure that I'll cope with it. It's just the unknownness of it all - volunteering to be poisoned on the grounds that your poisoner assures you that it will make you better. Ho hum.

But thanks so much for all the good wishes.

No comments: