Saturday, April 22, 2006

Fatigue?

I am exhausted! It started to come on as I was going round the supermarket this morning - like I felt myself getting slower and s-l-o-w-e-r....

I came home, put the shopping away and fell asleep in the chair for an hour!

Came to still feeling a bit tired but pulled myself together and started to assemble my mini-greenhouse which had arrived a day or two ago. You know how some instructions for self-assembly are great - clear, intuitive, well-written?

Not these.

After two hours, it's ( less than) halfway put together and I need another nap! Will do more of it tomorrow. Or trash it...

In spite of the nurse saying the other day that it's too early for side effects to kick in, I don't know what else this could be. Just makes me feel so slow.

A bit worrying because I finally had the conversation with A my new boss yesterday about going down to Birmingham for the day on May 3 to begin my new job. ( I'll stay at my mum's for a couple of days before.) We agreed that we'd keep things closely under review and see how the chemo is affecting me but at this rate I can see myself dozing through most of my induction!

Went out with S yesterday evening to the Biscuit Factory in Newcastle for their first Contemporary Art Auction. S is a really accomplished artist and she wanted to see what sort of pictures were there and what they fetched. It was a curious event - a mixture of very posh people and the artists themselves and lots of people like us just observing - making sure we didn't scratch our noses inadvertently! She could easily get her pictures accepted there I think but they take a huge commission off both artists and buyers so you wouldn't do it for the money. Unless you were Damien Hirst or Alexander Millar ( Why do people like those Gadgy pictures so much...? ) that is - pictures by them went for thousands!

(Oh - and there was no running water or toilet paper in the Men's Toilets...)

A busy week next week - appointment with Mr Bain on Wednesday, Chemo III on Thursday morning and then J ( she's in Liverpool this weekend seeing her daughter B ) and I are going to a conference in Nottingham. She was going anyway and suggested that I come too as it might be a good way to begin to catch of with work-related issues. And if it's dull we can always leg it to the shops!

Another nap now. Hope I don't dream about greenhouses.

No comments: