Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Spring Thoughts

Saw my first pair of swallows on Sunday afternoon - doesn't make a summer, I know but...

And a nice visit from my youngest brother A - he works as a Sound Supervisor for the BBC and was up here covering a football match. J came over as well and we went out for a pub meal.

During the day, I'd been feeling increasingly queasy and so I wasn't sure how I was going to handle the pub and a meal. But after two pints and a big plate of gammon and chips and a shared bottle of red wine when we got home, we decided there probably wasn't anything much wrong with me... Seriously, the sickness does seem to be worse if I let myself get at all hungry - so I'm trying to eat little and often. Need to watch my weight a bit as well - nothing to be concerned about but I have lost a couple of pounds over the last fortnight and at the moment I notice it.

My hands are definitely sore and cracked now - but nothing a bit of E45 can't deal with. Also some cramps in my feet?

Over the red wine, the conversation turned to finances - mostly what I should do with my redundancy money and my new ( higher ) salary. Pension? Investment?

"Why not think about moving to a new house?" said A. Well, that set us all off . The free paper was retrieved from the recycling bin and we had a great hour or so playing " Find Simon A House". There are some really nice ones around in the middle of Durham - not all of them outside my price range...

So on Monday, after A had gone, J and I had a lovely morning driving around Durham looking at possible locations and noting a few properties/areas. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to move tomorrow - but I do think that the seed of it as a possibility has been planted...

We also had a great time just wandering around the Durham shops - window shopping clothes for me, clothes for J, secondhand shops, coffee etc. We always have such a great time when we do that.

Then back to her place to finish her Easter Egg before her daughter D got home and scoffed it all..

So - all in all, a good weekend - and it's still sunny today!

No comments: