Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Bain Of My Life...

Yep - my check up with Bagburster Bain this afternoon. The appointments were running an hour late - but so do his operations...

An amiable but brief session. Bit of a chat, bit of a prod, bit of an er..examination and he said he was pleased to see me looking so well. The anastomosis is doing well now with no sign of the abscess and he said that when I have my next check up in August, if all is still well, we'll be able to set a date for the reconnection!

It's odd , but although I know myself that I've been feeling much better over the past few weeks ( Apart from a bit of a blockage for a while yesterday - that's courgette off the the list then...) it was good ( Just typed "god" by mistake...) to hear it confirmed by him.

No side effects at all from the chemo at the moment. Number III first thing tomorrow morning and then straight on to a train to Nottingham for the conference with J . ( She's driving down earlier and meeting me there. ) I'm quite looking forward to it as it's my first work-related thing for more than three months and I'm keen to know how I'll be. Will I understand what's going on? ( Actually J says I'll soon remember how I dull I find some of this stuff...)

So. I'll try a mobile blog while I'm away - say how it's going.

Oh - and the Weekly Music Chart in the sidebar was updated yesterday.

It was Morrissey….

No comments: