Sunday, April 23, 2006

Three Months

It's three months today since my operation. I'm not sure how I feel about that - it seems longer in a way. Also makes me think how long I've still got to go with this - another six months of chemo and then the reconnection. I really would like all of this done by Christmas and then I can start 2007 as a kind of clean sheet. ( Apart from the 3 monthly check ups/scans of course...) But I also know I shouldn't wish this year away - it has had good things already and it will have more.

Enough philosophy.

Strangely enough I feel less tired today - even though I've done loads of things. I actually sorted the greenhouse out last night (after a second glass of wine...) and after some final tweaking this morning, I put it out in it's new place in the yard. Will try to get some tomato plants to go in there tomorrow.

And then I put up my curtains in my bedroom. ( I was going to call this blogentry "Curtains.." but I didn't like to worry anybody... ) This has been a saga. I bought them on ebay a month ago but then they had to go to a draper's to get the pleating unstitched and when I went to put them up a few days ago I discovered that the curtain track was wrong. I bought new curtain track and hooks yesterday and so today I put it all together. I'm really pleased with the curtains - they look great. But I'm also very pleased with myself for putting up a curtain rail as I don't usually consider myself to be very good at DIY - even the supposedly simple stuff like this.

Then a walk - two miles in the teatime sunshine. A good day.

Oh and for those of you ( like my sister) who wait avidly each Monday for my weekly music chart, knowing that it will have it's finger on the pulse of the zeitgeist ( Q: Can a zeitgeist have a pulse?) I'm afraid there'll be a slight delay this week. There's a problem with the database that feeds it.

But I'd be very surprised if Morrissey wasn't Number One. I seem to have been listening to him all week - apart from today which has been mostly dedicated to His Bobness.

No comments: