Friday, April 28, 2006

Back Home

I'm SO tired! Had to decide whether to write this slightly less coherently tonight or leave it till the morning. Decided on the former - but you have been warned...

I got the next train from Durham fine - and had an uneventful journey to Nottingham. Only thing was that when I was first taken ill in November last year, it was in a Virgin Train Toilet - something about that purple toilet bowl reminded me about all that. Seems so long ago.

The Conference was great. I mean, it was interesting, I wasn't at all out of touch ( depressing in a way - shouldn't something more have happened in three months? ) it was good to meet old friends ( some like N, who read this blog... ) it felt good to get my head working again - and of course, to be with J was brilliant. ( We first met at a conference like this about 11 years ago.) But it was also very tiring - we didn't make it to the after dinner speech last night.

Up sharp this morning and did the morning at the conference. But by lunchtime, Meadowhall called and we escaped in J's hire car to Seriously Shop. ( This usually happens to us at conferences!)

I wanted to get some new clothes for work, starting with a jacket. We soon got the idea of what I was after and after an hour or so found ourselves in Cecil Gee, looking at a very nice Solbiati blue linen pinstripe jacket. Which miraculously became a very nice Solbiati blue linen pinstripe suit. ( Once I'd had a slight panic attack about trouser size to allow for The Bag...)

Deal Done.

Then to House of Fraser, for a cuppa where, miraculously I found I'd also bought a very nice linen suit from there as well!

We decided to quit while we were ahead and drove back up to Durham in a couple of hours. Said goodbye there. J's off to Birmingham tomorrow to meet an old friend but back on Sunday. I'll meet her off the train.

So - a good, but exhausting few days - and more to come next week. But as must seem obvious, I'm feeling much stronger and on top of things. Still no real chemo side effects. Feels good to have myself back. Long may it continue!

Now I'm off to bed - I don't care how early it is!

No comments: