Sunday, April 16, 2006

Stocking Up

Another trip to the DIY store yesterday to get a bamboo plant and some lavender - and a chimenea to be delivered next week. Eventually most of that will go in the second yard ( top of picture) which will be my summer retreat, but for now I want to see it all from the house.

And I also took delivery of a new garden storage box and two more olive trees ( on the left in this picture). Oh - and I've ordered a mini-greenhouse as well. I may not be able to eat tomatoes this year, but I'm still going to grow them!

It's nice to feel I'm getting on with stuff.

Chemo symptoms kicking in a bit now - definitely feeling queasy and sore hands for sure. All bearable though - and apart from that, I'm feeling good. It's sunny Sunday morning as you can see.

Happy Easter!

3 comments:

The Apologist said...

Thanks very much indeed - and so glad to hear that your husband is feeling a little stronger now.

I'm sure Tamar and her family will have contacted/been contacted by the drug company - her case has attracted a great deal of publicity over here.

The garden WILL be peaceful when it's finished - at the moment it still feels like A Big Project...!

Garry Nixon said...

Do you want some herbs for the back yard?

When you do gardening from seed, as I do, there are usually excess plants.

If you like, I'll see what I've got, or am going to have, that'll go well in a container, and pass it on at a flickrmeet.

Or something.

The Apologist said...

Thanks Garry - that'd be great. When I got the main yard done I actually extended the existing garden bed which has a few herbs in it anyway. (Mint, sage and rosemary I think.) Once that's topped up with topsoil I want to extend the herb garden - so I'll have anything you've got thanks.

I always have a surfeit of sunflower plants ( pot grown ) - do you want some of those?