Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Two Piece Suits?

After two more uncertain “willitwontit?” days with the bag I wasn’t going to my appointment with Sue the Stoma Nurse this afternoon with much optimism and sure enough, as I pulled into the carpark at the hospital I felt that old familiar burning sensation…

Ostensibly the reason for the appointment was to try a two-piece bag that some one ( I from Beating Bowel Cancer I think) had recommended but I was pretty miserable when I got in to see her and just sounded off about the whole situation with the bag.

She was, of course, brilliant. Soothing, calming and knowledgeable. She had a really good look at the stoma ( amazing that people do this for a living!) and decided that it’s actually something to do with the shape that’s the problem. So she fitted a special two piece bag with a kind of compression ring on it and suggested we review next week.

Now I know ( and you know ) how desperate I am for this to work but as soon as she put it on it felt very different - sure enough, a little more cumbersome, ( I can deal with that) but nonetheless much more comfortable and well, trustworthy.

It’s an hour later and it still feels good.

I’ll report back tomorrow.

No comments: