Saturday, September 02, 2006

Home Again!

So - here I am back from two weeks away. Bristol, Plymouth, Faversham and Hereford. You can see the pictures here, here and here. Great to catch up with old friends and family - and myself. It's also actually very nice to be home (I've driven over 1700 miles in the last fortnight!)

I'm not going to do a full resume of the whole trip - but some of the highlights were definitely:

*Seeing S&J in Bristol on the way down - sorry the music chart has slipped the last couple of weeks...

*Mum and G's flat at Fort Picklecombe

*The Lost Gardens of Heligan ( once I'd found them...)

*A meal at the Friary Manor Hotel

*Another meal with friend D at Wheeler's Oyster Bar in Whitstable

*Playing swings with my nephew N at my mum's

*A 3 mile ( my longest this year!) walk with G along the old Herefordshire and Gloucestershire Canal

*A Thai Takeaway meal with Mum and G and O&J to celebrate mum and G's tenth wedding anniversary. ( Waiting for photos of this one!)

It was wonderful to have two whole weeks with out chemo! ( Yesterday I had number 17/30 - can't be bothered to work out the %..) Mostly I was fine healthwise while I was away - although the bag played up a bit and I had to send for emergency supplies while I was away. SecuriCare were brilliant - I got new stuff sent to Hereford in just over 24 hours.

And now I'm home and ( typically) it's raining. I'm having a quiet weekend recovering from chemo ( not tooo bad actually) and looking forward to seeing J on Sunday. She's away this weekend. I'm also waiting in for her luggage which got lost " somewhere over Europe" on her flight from hell back from Hamburg yesterday.

Trying not to think about going back to work - I've a long hard week ahead - in Birmingham and London. Oh - and a review with Dr Coxon ( chemo) followed by a Barium x ray on Monday morning - both of which should help get things clarified as to when I can get the reconnection.

Generally I feel like I'm beginning to get on with getting on so the holiday must have done me some good!

No comments: