Sunday, September 24, 2006

Party!

A nice afternoon/evening out with J yesterday to friend SJL's 70th Birthday Party at St Chad's College in Durham. A really nice family party with lots of drinking, speechmaking and singing. ( We also met Richard Murdoch's daughter... You have to be of a particular English Public Radio Persuasion to have heard of him I think.)

I felt a bit wobbly in the afternoon ( more chemo than drink I think) but didn't feel too bad at all overall. We were invited back to the house in the evening but decided to go back to mine where we had a cosy evening in watching The Fabulous Baker Boys. What a great film that is!

J left quite early this morning as she's driving down to see her mum today before doing a few days working in Cambridge.

Then a short visit from friend D ( I stayed with her in the summer) on her way back to Kent from a Northumbrian Piping Course in Rothbury. ( I used to play them but gave up a few years back) Lovely to see her.

And now the chemo effect has started to kick in! I thought I'd got away with it! Ah well - quiet evening with another DVD I think....

No comments: