Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Travelling Life

My return to The Travelling Life started early on a darkish breezy Tuesday morning on Durham Station, waiting for the train to Birmingham. Suddenly it felt like Autumn was coming. But by the time I got to London on Wednesday it was like summer again - sitting having a sandwich in the sunshine with a colleague from work and it could have been July!

It also always seems amzing to me how I can begin my first day back from holidays with a sense of complete bafflement and panic about what I do for a living and then by Day Three it's all slotted back into place and it's like I've never been on holiday.

It's not been a bad few days away - but it's good to be home at last. The bag is still playing up but least these days I know how to manage it so that things don't show ( I hope!) - but it can be d*mn uncomfortable! That could be to do with the fact that I've put on 6 lbs during my holidays. I'm certainly not going to get paranoid about that - I can always drop the weight when I'm sorted but it is interesting how much I'm still eating at the moment. I seem to be almost permanently hungry. I think it's a comfort thing in a way - I'm processing loads of stuff under the surface about how things will be post-connection - not all them have quite found words yet though.

No comments: