Wednesday, September 20, 2006

BAMA LAMA DING DONG!

What do you do when you have a Major Bag Incident in the middle of a very important meeting? I've been in Birmingham since Monday night and yesterday had a very important meeting to look at BAMAs. ( "Business Appreciation Market Analysis" since you asked…Or maybe the other way round..? ) Basically my chance to show off about what I wanted to do next year and to make sure that my colleagues would let me - as long as I let them do their stuff. A trade in other words.

Just before I went on, I realised that the bag was reacting furiously to my lunch - just working very hard. It happens after a meal - particularly if I rush it. But I knew that if I didn''t go and get it sorted ( ie empty it ) fairly quickly, there would be a nasty incident. Panic.

So I just stood up and told them I needed a 5 minute break! Sorted. No-one blinked an eyelid. Resumed 5 minutes later and all went well. No-one even mentioned it afterwards. Funny how I can feel so selfconscious about this stuff after all these months.

Another hard day today ( not home - via a haircut and facial in Newcastle- until Thursday night) - just taking a Blog Break before my last meetings of the day.

Oh - and the slobbishness of sedentary hotel life! All I do is eat and sleep - more of the former than the latter. Roll on Reconnection when I can start using hotel gyms again!

No comments: