Friday, July 28, 2006

Roses


Roses
Originally uploaded by Menage a Moi.
When I was in hospital, my colleagues K and M bought me two potted roses. When I finally sorted out the backyard I planted them out. I was really pleased to see them take and flower. Beautifully as you can see.

I was reminded to tke this pictiure as I went out for a catch up drink in Newcastle with K last night.( M couldn't join us as she's flying off on holiday today) A nice chatty evening.

I'd been getting some pain from a sore ankle during the day and it got worse when I was out last night. By the time I got home it was excruciating and I had a really bad night not able to sleep with it. (No idea what had caused it - I don't remember twisting it or anything) At about 4.00am I took a couple of strong painkillers and when I woke at 6.30 the pain was all gone! No trouble with it at all today. - no idea what that was about..

I asked the nurses at Chemo XV ( that's 15/30 - halfway!) about it and they had no idea either but didn't think it was chemo related. Just one of those things.

I suppose I should feel more elated about getting to halfway with the treatment but I'm afraid I can't . It's just dull.

But it's not going to be a dull weekend. J and I are driving down to Weybridge tomorrow for nephew B's christening on Sunday. I'm a godfather. Really looking forward to seeing all the family - although I'm afraid mum's not going to be able to make it - her back is just too painful to do the trip. A real pity. But we'll all take loads of pictures for her.

1 comment:

The Apologist said...

Yes, they're lovely aren't they? And a really nice scent. Sunflowers? Well - I only had one of my whole crop grow this year, but I have high hopes for that one!