Sunday, July 16, 2006

Post Dada II


A great weekend with Dada's Boys. From left to right - Graniers, Pickersgill Reef, Topsy Qur'et, Graniers' son Matt and Moi.

All sorts of great moments and a superb exhibition but one moment that stands out is coming across Keith Farquhar taking some pictures of his own installation at the gallery. A nice man and a really striking piece. Pickersgill Reef took a great set of pictures for and with him.

On the Saturday night I took myself out for a nice meal (on friend C's recommendation - thanks it was great!) and spent Sunday morning wandering around Rose Street with my hat.

Side effects from the chemo? Not too bad really - bit sickly on Saturday night and a sore mouth but it didn't spoil my weekend. Certainly recognise the Supressed feeling though and am still thinking whether to go on with it. I'll have a proper think when I reach halfway in a fortnight's time.

Slightly tipsy in the hotel restaurant on Friday night, ( I agree with the reviewer about the food!) I scribbled this in my ipaq. I think I was thinking about options and chance:

Something is always going to kill you. Sooner or later. Now or Never. Cancer - sure - but That Driver? That Nutter? Walking on the pavement helps - but...

I shouldn't end this posting on a low note though! I've had a great weekend.





No comments: