Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Godfather!


Benjamin et Moi
Originally uploaded by Menage a Moi.
( Just discovered that this is my 200th post!)

Benjamin's christening in Weybridge at the weekend was great - we all had a great time as you can see. Such a shame that mum wasn't able to make it though. ( A took nephew N down to see her yesterday instead..)

The drives down and back were awful for J and I . We drove 2 X 300 miles in the space of 36 hours - 12 hours driving in total. ( AND the aircon has packed up again!) On the way down I started off OK but after a couple of hours felt really grim and J drove the rest .On the way back she was feeling ill with a tummy bug as well so we split the driving in shorter spells. Both went straight to bed when we got to our homes - and slept for 12 hours solid.

I wouldn't have missed the event for the world but it was very hard going. Still feeling pretty grim this morning ( although I'm trying to work ) - if I don't feel a bit better this afternoon I'll ring the clinic and see what they say about Friday's treatment. I can always cancel it - and I don't want to go into it feeling like this.

Although we were both not feeling our best last night we had a nice evening up at The Sage again , this time seeing Emmylou Harris. ( I'd bought us the tickets as part of J's birthday present) It was good to see her and the performance was impeccable, but just a bit low key. Or maybe that was us. Always terrifying to do middle aged audience spotting - hoping we look better than THEM...

Oh - and two links. Both to be taken with a pinch of salt...

No comments: