Friday, July 07, 2006

Unlucky Thirteen

Back from Chelmsford late-ish last night - a good day and I think we did a good pitch for the work (We'll hear on Monday) - but a long day nonetheless.

Today at my desk at home and then down to Middlesbrough for a gossipy work lunch with a former colleague.

Then when I went along for what should have been Chemo XIII ( unlucky for some...) I mentioned a slight burning sensation I'd been getting when er... passing water. They did a test and I have a mild infection. Nothing to worry about - just a course of antibiotics over the weekend and see Dr Coxon on Monday, but it meant that they can't give me the chemo this week.

Actually, although it adds another week at the end, I'm quite pleased in a way. It'll be nice to have a non -grim weekend. Unless it's self-induced, of course - I'm going out for a drink and a meal in Newcastle tonight with old friend C...

No comments: