Tuesday, July 18, 2006

One Of Those Nights

Yes - it really IS 4.45am. Just haven't been able to sleep.

I'd already decided that I wasn't going to Brum today or London tomorrow. During the day yesterday I felt progressively worse as the day went on - a horrible sort of sickness/fatique/lag thing. I've put it down to the heat - it was 32 degrees here yesterday. So I emailed work to say that I was off sick for the next two days. I'm entitled to do that aren't I?

But the not-sleeping wasn't to do with the heat or chemolag- I just couldn't get off. BBC World Service usually works - but not this time. I just felt restless and irritable. Then suddenly it was light so I thought I might as well get up. Writing this over a cup of tea in the kitchen. ( I'll spare you a picture...)

Just one of those nights I guess. I'll probably fall asleep on the sofa in a minute.

FOOTNOTE: ( 10.30 am ) - I did!

No comments: