Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Heat Haze

It's a slightly misty morning back in Durham. SO Nice to be home again at last.

A strange few days away. Lovely to see my mum ( see right - with Walty) but she's in a lot of pain with her sciatica and therefore not able to listen to my stuff at the moment. My stepfather G was the only person to really ask me unprompted how I was and how I was feeling.

The rest was a haze of heat and World Cup Football , my brother O's postmatch Barbecue, and the journey from hell in the car back from Birmingham last night. ( The aircon - which I paid £130 to have fixed the other day - still isn't working!). I think I got dehydrated at some point because I started feeling very odd - stopped and drank loads of water and felt better. I keep forgetting that at the moment I'm one of those people they keep warning to take care in the heat!

And I came home to discover that my power had gone off over the weekend and the contents of my freezer are slops...

No wonder I'm a bit befuddled as I face a day working at home. Actually, work itself has been fine - I feel engaged and capable with it. I just wish there wasn't so much travelling - I've just heard that I've got to go to Chelmsford on Thursday...

No comments: