Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Sunny!

In Brum today - a quieter morning so I'm doing a quick bit of blogging from here. Beatiful sunny day!

So - to catch up:

I feel great at the moment! SO full of energy - and it's all down to missing that chemo session. I hadn't realised how much it suppresed/depressed me beyond the immediate weeekend after-effects. But it's so good to have "me" back. It's made me think again about whether I need the whole course of chemo ( you all know the arguments pro and con) and whether it's about time to re-assert some control over my life. Expect more on this. I won't make a hasty decision.

Out with friend S for a nice pub meal on Monday night. Good to catch up on lives and loves.

Workwise, we won that tender I had to schlep ( is that the spelling?) down to Chelmford for last week! I'm really chuffed - it's only £45k ( another £955k of my target to go then…) but it's a start and proves to me in a concrete way that I really do know how to do this stuff.

And finally, I must pay tribute ( I am not worthy) to the brilliant boyz ( David and Toby) from the Apple Store in Birmingham. I took the macbook in last night as when J was away with it it had started just cutting out. When that sort of thing happens, you begin to lose confidence. They were great - mortified that it had happened, gave me a new laptop no quibbling and spent the next two hours ensuring that all our files and stuff were properly migrated to the new lappy. How come they're SO good at customer care in those shops? Why can't other firms manage it? It can't just be down to training. They love the product, they know their stuff backwards and they seem genuinely keen to make sure that you enjoy using a mac as much as they do.

End of commercial. Better get back to work. Train home this afternoon.

No comments: