Friday, June 30, 2006

Floating

Well, I'm still not sure whether the handwritten blog idea works, although all of the feedback has been positive. I'll probably try it on occasions when I'm away.

But I'm at home today - just back from Chemo XII (That's 12/30 -or 2/5ths… ) I'm hoping for an easier ride than last weekend, especially as I'm off to Hereford to see my mum tomorrow - and then straight to work in Brum on Monday… ( I talked to my boss on Wednesday about all the travelling and we've agreed that I'm going to schedule in some Home Weeks from now on. My earlier blog refers…)


It'll be great to see mum and G and my brother O ( who lives nearby) - mum's been really suffering from sciatica recently and often sounds quite down when I speak to her. We were supposed to be going to Stratford Upon Avon to see a production of Romeo and Juliet tomorrow - but we've postponed. We'll do it again when we both feel better in the autumn.

Went up to Newcastle for a haircut and facial last night - came out after three hours floating on air! I'm going to keep on with that - it makes me feel so much better. Treated myself to a bag of chips on the way home...

That's about it I think. The garden progresses and blooms ( I'll do a photo next weekend) and I planted my Trachelospermums by the kitchen gate yesterday. Not a moment too soon - they'd been sitting unwatered in my neighbour's front hall for three days!

Oh - and the Rescued Olive looks like it will live. A few green shoots have appeared at the base of the trunk. There won't be much more than that this year, but if it survives the winter, then I think it'll come right next spring.

No comments: