Monday, December 19, 2005

Weekend Update

A lovely weekend at my stepfather G's surprise 70th birthday party in Herefordshire. All the family were there - including Natty my nephew, who loved being the centre of attention. Glad I wasn't.

And I couldn't beleeeve it! I forgot to put the battery in my camera! So no pictures from me. But my brother had his camera there so there will be photos eventually.

J and I drove over on Saturday afternoon and back on Sunday - gave a us some time ( but there's never enough) to talk - but also to think about questions for the doctor on Thursday. The drive was a long hard slog. And on top of that ( or because of it) J has come down with a bug.

My last day at work tomorrow - meetings and Christmas party in London.

I'll be glad to stop for Christmas though. Trying to deal with the complexity of feelings and emotions around at the moment ( both mine and those of others - as well as how they interact ) is wearying. Makes me feel clumsy. At least Christmas gives an excuse for me and cancer to forget it for a while and have a quiet game of football in No Man's Land.

Although of course, mum and G will be there.

No comments: