Saturday, December 03, 2005

By Appointment

Good to go to work yesterday - down to Leeds for the day.

Nice lunch with D - who's J's lovely 18 year old at Uni there. She's usually quite quiet and reserved but today bright, chatty and funny. ( Heh! Just like her mum!) Just what I needed. I won't tell her about this myself ( or her equally brilliant older sister B who I'm seeing in Liverpool the week after next) - best if J does that I think.

And last night baby sitting ( if that's what you do with 10 year olds ) with A who's my friend S's daughter. S had a date and so I was happy to help. A and I spent the evening watching telly and chatting. ( I am now an expert on "I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of here!" and know my Ant from my Dec.)

Coincidence is a funny thing but and advert came on the telly about Drink Driving and A said the other advert that made her sad was one about cancer... ( Gulp)

S came back home at about 11 but no time to tell her my news ( or her to tell hers from the evening!) - we'll chat on Sunday morning when A is out swimming with her dad.

All appointments sorted now:

MRI Scan - Monday

Colonoscopy - Thursday ( but I have to spend the day before on the toilet...)

CT Scan - 14 December

Consultant Follow Up ( The News...) - 22 December.

Have told A my younger brother about this - will speak to middle brother O today. And Mike my dad. Going to limit other people for now.

Still feel I need loads of time to think about this - and to feel it as well. Don't think that's happened yet.

And so to Saturday.

No comments: