Tuesday, December 13, 2005

London

Good morning from work in London!

Came down yesterday for meetings. I need to concentrate on something apart from bloody cancer. Everybody great of course - lots of kindness and support. But people are wary of course. Not of me as such - but of cancer, their own feelings about it, how to express the stuff.

Thing is - no-one actually knows the rules here ( especially not me) - but as J said the other day, we all end up in a small room with a doctor telling us bad news at some point, and that's when we start working them out.

Great emails from friends around the world - some with their own sadnesses. None of us stands still eh?

And a lovely meal last night with K and M who work with me in the Gateshead Office. Chatty and funny - much wine drunk and nowt maudlin.

Someone used the word mawkish ( about one of my photos, bless him) the other day - what a fine word. Must use it more. Particularly out of context.

And so to work. Back home tonight. CT scan in the morning - more pre-test starvation!

3 comments:

Sam said...

Did a web site for the learning and skills council a few years ago (based on Team Valley yes?) - seems to have disappeared now.

The Apologist said...

I work for LSDA
not LSC (easily confused) but the Tyne and Wear local office is in Team Valley just down the road from mine.

I think they do all their publicity centrally now.

Sam said...

or it could have been a very crap firm tey got their web site through... (I don't work there anymore!)

very easy to get those two confused - too much learning :D