Saturday, December 10, 2005

The Only Living Blog In Bearpark

Sorry. Just trying that out as a title. I feel that this blog needs some re-imaging. Cooler. More Street. I mean - cancer and a cat with a limeskin on its head?

Anyway.

A lovely day of phone calls and support and love. ( Not frightened of that word any more.)

So tonight I cooked my Classic Comfort Meal:

Gammon
Baked Potato
Bread Sauce
Gherkin
Peas

Red Wine.

Music on. Of course.


I was just about to serve it up when I suddenly thought:

Fine. Meal cooked. Looks and smells great . But why bother to eat it?

Put it in the bin and find the next thing to do...

Three things about that :

i) I didn't put it in the bin. I ate it and enjoyed it.

ii) This is a bit like not doing the flickrmeet last night - a usual thing I deal with but at the moment it's magnified.

This time it was me and food. I love it but it makes me fat.

iii) This blog is more public now - some of you are out there. I might be thinking about this stuff in my own real time and want to phone one of you.

Discuss.

'Cos I' not going to have this level of self awareness forever...

No comments: