Wednesday, January 18, 2006

You Sexy Thing...

Third Day of radiotherapy.

I lay face down on the trolley as usual, pulled down my trousers so they could line up with the tatoos and today's CD track started. By Hot Chocolate.

" I believe in miracles - where're you from, you sexy thing..."

Even the radiographer had to laugh at that one!

Definitely feeling some side effects now - I get more and more tired as the day goes on - and although they said I might have a sensation like sunburn, it feels more like cramps or sore muscles to me. But OK - not enough to keep me awake. Frankly - nothing is.

I spoke to Iain Bain my consultant this morning - he called me again as I was leaving for the General. He just wanted to check I was OK - and did I have any questions about the op? That was really nice of him I thought - gives me a lot of confidence.

I went into work for a while after my treatment ( and a visit to the dentist!) but I'm not really doing anything there - and everyone understands that. I'm going to try at least show my face there each day for the rest of the week.

Oh - and I must pay tribute to Andrew, the quiet genius at dot com systems in Durham. ( Amazingly they don't have a website) I think I said that the other day that my main PC ( the one I built last year) had stopped working. I thought it was probably the power unit so I took it in to Andrew yesterday to check. He checked the power supply and it wasn't that - in the end he dicovered it was the motherboard! Completely gone. He had a replacement and I could have done it myself but with everything else at the moment, it just felt like too much. I said that to him - and he offered to do it for me.

Driving past the shop tonight, my mobile rang. Did I want to pick up my PC? All done.

And it's all back fine - it took me a while to sort the wirelesss connection and networking but here were are!

I've just spoken to J on the phone ( she's working in Glasgow till tomorrow) - she pointed out that one of the advantages of an ileostomy is not having to use the toilets at rock festivals...

No comments: