Sunday, January 08, 2006

Telecaster!

Called into work to blog this - on my way to a flickrmeet at last!( More of which tomorrow I'm sure). Have had to wait till now to post because my broadband is still knackered at home and I wanted to use this picture that J took in the shop. ( Should get the power cable this week and get my bb back.)

So. I finally bought a Fender Telecaster! The guitar I've dreamed of owning since I was about 14. Never had the nerve to do it.Thought I wasn't worthy. ( Long story)

J and I first tried in Dublin a couple of years ago - I couldn't do it. But on Saturday afternoon with J and her 17-year old nephew J ( many J's in my life!) we did it. Pauley in Sound Control in Newcastle was really great - even when I tried to plug the jack plug into the strap hole…

It's just so class. I can't stop grinning. As you can see.

Then following a little retail therapy at Reiss, we all went to The Tyneside Cinema to see Woody Allen's "Match Point". A strange film - beautifully photographed and nicely played with a twist at the end that wraps the film into a nice bow - but stilted in a way. Worth seeing though.

And so to the flickrmeet! More tomorrow

1 comment:

The Apologist said...

Thanks Jan - If I tour Queensland, I think I'll steer clear of the beaches for the time being! (I mean, I've seen Jaws...)