Saturday, January 21, 2006

Leaving

Radio 5 went well yesterday. In and out very quickly. Those odd cramps were still bad but they seem a little easier this morning.

Apart from a haircut at lunchtime, I spent most of the day in the office, closing things off - actually quite capable I think.

J and I were talking the other night about this ridiculous need to be at our posts as far as work is concerned - it's really important to me that I managed to show up at work every day last week. On the other hand, now I'm finished, it will quickly slip to the back of my mind and beyond.

Bu when it came to leave the office last evening, I really didn't want to go! Not only because when they're all in work there on Monday I'll be on my way to hospital, but also because I probably won't be back there ever as an employee because the regional offices are closing at the end of March. A weird feeling.

A quick drink and farewell with colleagues after work and then home to fish and chips.

Oh - and I don't usually quote direct advice from Other Bottoms on here - but this from a new contact in the USA:

" ….remember the prep is the worst of the whole operation. they don't like running into any poops so you have to be clean as a whistle going in. after that you are pumped so full of drugs it's a real trip until you come down and have to recover... even then they do pain management. so milk it! get as high as you want. i did without becoming addicted to anything. so no worries there. "

Class eh? (Thanks S)

Today - a quiet day. J is coming over later and we'll cook tea and watch DVDs.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Don't want to leave work! Whats up with that then :)

But seriously - I've been reading your countdown to monday, so just wanted to wish you the best, and the bottomy equivalent of breaking a leg...

We'll miss your inane nattering while you're away.

Sam

The Apologist said...

Inane nattering?! This is bloody ART!

Thanks very much Sam. I wonder if the bottomy equivalent is breaking wind?

( And don't think that a little thing like being in hospital will stop me blogging...)