Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Back to work...

...which is where I'm posting this from as my broadband router decided to give up the ghost last night. A fuse I think.

So - here I am for a couple of weeks. ( Operation is three weeks today..) A couple of colleagues have said that actually I may feel too tired to come in after the radiotherapy during the final week. Will have to see.

Loads to do. Deciding what work things I can sort before I go - and which of them I just have to let go.

Things are of course, complicated by the fact that the vast majority of my team ( including myself) will be made redundant on 31 March as LSDA transforms itself into QIA and LSN ( with me so far? ) - neither of whom need a regional infrastructure.

I really hope to be back before then but I can't count on it.

And the immediate thing to sort out is a conversation with my new employers, who I was hoping to join on 3 April. I need to explain the situation and see what they say. The consultant has already said that he thinks I'd be pushing it to start then - and of course, I'll need to take time off later in the year for my reconnection.

Ah well - que sera etc.

Last night - out for a beer and catch up with old friend C. He has his own deep sadnesses and all we could really do is compare car crashes. These things aren't relative - to each they're absolute. It was good to see him. Some people remain friends no matter how little you actually see them.

No comments: