Thursday, January 05, 2006

"This changes nothing..."

To carry on the analogy from the last post, I feel like I'm treading water today. And I can't shake off this bloody cold.

But yesterday I spoke to A who'll be my new boss at ecotec and told him about the cancer and the treatment and the timescales. He was very sympathetic and immediately said to me " This changes nothing as far as I'm concerned ". Although I had expected that he'd be fine about it, it came as an enormous relief to hear him say it. Somehow it gives me a clear thing to be aiming at the other end of this - even if it's not April that I can start with them. We've agreed that I'll be back in touch in February

I came up with another blogtitle as well ( OK - I'm watching too much bad TV..):

"Die Another Day - " A gadget-packed spy adventure"...

Talking of gadgets and adventures - another CT scan tomorrow. This is so that they can pinpoint the radiotherapy the week after next.

1 comment:

The Apologist said...

Yeah - the timescale is a concern for me too. But at this stage I can only be positive. Ask me again post-op...