Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Work!

Another brief blog - this time from the train between Birmingham and my mum's.

My first day at work for more than 3 months and my first new job for nearly 10 years. No wonder I'm exhausted - or is that the little matter of the chemotherapy...?

It went well. People were nice and helpful and supportive and I didn't feel out of my depth. But it's going to be busy and that's what I'm going to have to watch - not taking on too much until I'm sure I can manage it.

Anyway - I did it.And I have to do it all over again tomorrow. So tonight a nap on the train, a bath (I do ache quite a lot but no pain) and tea, a call to J and another early night!

Thanks to everyone for your good wishes for today - they worked.

2 comments:

astephens33 said...

Sounds like you're doing well. The chemo must be o.k. or you wouldn't be doing so much. GLAD TO HEAR IT!!!!

The Apologist said...

Thanks - still not sure that I won't go " Crump!" with doing too much. So hard to slow down once I speed up!