Saturday, May 06, 2006

Saturday

A lovely evening last night with J. We went out for a meal at The Seven Stars which we haven't been to for a while. We both thought that the food wasn't quite as good as it used to be - but mainly it was just a nice chance to catch up and chat.

Then back to mine to watch some Green Wing. First time I'd seen it, but I thought it was great. I have a horrible feeling that hospitals really are like this!

An earlish night and I slept reasonably but I had leg cramps and my stoma site was sore - still is really. I think Iwas just a bit careless putting it on and it's leaked a bit under the baseplate. I'll have a bath and change it tonight.

Then today, J went into Newcastle to meet a friend for coffee and I went to Newcastle City Library for an Introduction to Digital Photography Course run by Tyneside Cinema. I know a fair amount about digital photography and I take fairly good pictures but I thought it would be useful to be taught about it from scratch. And it was - the tutor Zoe was very good ( although a three hour morning session without a break was bit too much!) and I understand lots more about the basics of photography than I did before. The thing is though - she had a streaming cold and I got more and more anxious about as the morning progressed. With the chemo knocking out my immune system, I'm really susceptible to infections and could end up in hospital. So I left at lunchtime. A shame but nothing else to be done.

And to be honest, I was getting tired and that's got worse through the afternoon. Going to take it very easy for the rest of the day.

No comments: