Sunday, May 21, 2006

Table!


I know - it's pretty sad isn't it? I really liked this garden table when I was looking around the garden centre near my mum's a few weeks back - so I bought it! A bit of negotiation over the delivery cost from Hereford to Durham ( 300 miles) but in the end it cost me no more than it would have done online.

While the sun was temporarily shining this morning, J and I ( with help from B and her daughter C next door ) assembled the table and I put two of the chairs together myself this afternoon - two more to go.

I think it looks great! I celebrated by determinedly having my lunch out there today, ignorning the slight drizzle...


Next garden jobs are next week when R&C my ex-parents-in -law are coming to stay for a few days. That's when the border behind the table gets sorted and those poor olive trees get repotted!

A lovely afternoon/evening with J yesterday - mostly putting together the first bits of the new piece she's writing. (It's brilliant.) Finding the right images and music can't be rushed but it's also great fun - and nice just to spend some proper time with her.

I started feeling a bit queasy in the afternoon yesterday which wasn't very pleasant - but of course, it was the day after my chemo so I should have expected it. But it eased though the evening and I feel fine today.

The rain's really coming down now - hope the table's OK...

No comments: