Saturday, May 06, 2006

Taking Stock



Baseplate changed - that's better. Sitting here with a glass of sherry. Aids digestion you know...

Blimey! It's been a long week and I'm exhausted. I think I'll have my supper and another early night and no setting of the alarm clock for tomorrow - after all it is Sunday!

But heh - I saw Morrissey this week. I saw my family. I started a new job. I did a course. ( Well - half of one!)

Not bad, given the circumstances..

Here are some of the best images from the week. And the whole lot here.

As I said ealier in the week, Morrissey was great - J and I really enjoyed it. But a high proportion of the audience had come to see Old Morrissey do Smith's hits - and were disappointed when he didn't. The support band Sons and Daughters were good ( I bought their CD a couple of days ago and it's grown on me) - but they were treated even more rudely. " Hurry up and f*ck off!" was one of the nicer things heckled at them. I felt embarassed - wanted to apologise. Which I'll do here anyway. Geordies don't do themselves any favours sometimes.

Lovely to see many of my family - and those that I didn't see this week in Herefordshire, I'll see next weekend in Bristol. My nephew N is class isn't he? ( Have to confess that my brother A took this picture…) - SO full of energy! I MUST find a way to get down to Weybridge and meet his little brother for the first time.

And the new job - I think that'll need much more blogging another time. But they seem nice people and the job feels hard but not daunting. It''s more an issue as to whether my strength holds up.

And of course, all week J was there. On the phone. On email. On Skype. At my house.

She's got a hard week coming up too, poor sweetie

{ HUG }

No comments: