Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Birmingham Bound

On the train to Brum again - another early start. The feeling of deja vue from my regular trips for my old job was increased by the fact that this (which will be my regular) train is just before before the one I always used to get to London!

I think I'm going to be playing musical seats all the way though as I was too late to get a seat reservation.

Saw Dr Coxon the Chemo Consultant yesterday. I told her about the fatigue, which she noted in a to-be-expected way. Generally they're pleased with how I'm tolerating the treatment although my white blood cell count is a bit on the low side. This affects my ability to fight infection I think but they're not worried about it at the moment.

Indeed they're so not-worried that when I mentioned about leaving the Photography Course early because the tutor had a cold, she said that that was probably not necessary as colds are not the kind of infection they worry about...( I thought they were - need to clarify that.)

Anyway they're going to increase my dose from 375 to 425 (mls I assume) which means the treatment will finish in the promised 24 weeks. If I can tolerate 475 then that would shorten the treatment even further but of course the side effects could be worse. They'll see how I do with this increase first and then review it all in a month.

This train is still only just past York - 2 hours to go. Time for a nap I think...

No comments: