Saturday, October 07, 2006

Usual Saturday Stuff

Still feeling pretty grim today - sick and with sore feet.

Things weren't helped by having to be up at eight this morning for the electrician. Since I moved into the house three years ago, I've periodically had power cuts when the trip switch has gone. Of course, when those happen and I'm away, I lose the contents of my freezer...

I finally got round to finding an electrician a few months ago, and then the trouble was getting one to show up when they promised to. But Nigel turned up prompt this morning and went through every socket and light in the house.

The verdict? Not as bad as it might have been (I'm used to the cowboy way the previous owner did most things) - just a couple of sockets need immediate replacing ( probably the cause of the cut outs) and the rest goes on a (long) "To Do" list. Funny to be without electricity for most of the day though.

A nice evening out with J last night, even though I didn't stay for the meal afterwards. She was compering a reading by Anthony Joseph who was a very engaging performer but I imagine quite hard to read in prose. I'll probably read his new novel when I can concentrate a bit more.

And now I'm going to slope slowly into an evening at home. Just two more Saturdays like this to go!

No comments: