Friday, October 20, 2006

24/24!

At last!

Although it's been a bit overshadowed by the news about my reconnection this week, I'm so pleased to have finally finished the chemo this afternoon. ( That's 24/24 - all done!) As you all know, it's been a real struggle at times and I nearly gave up on a number of occasions. Even now I feel ambivalent about it's overall effect on my future health. But it's done - I stayed the course - and I don't like to give up on things I've started.

Out with J for a pub meal last night - she's off to Canada for a week tomorrow - speaking at a conference.

Tonight out with C straight after chemo ( we thought we'd try meeting early before it had a chance to kick in!) in Durham. Nice to see him for a catch up and a great meal.

Not sure how tomorrow will be. I may have bad postchemo stuff or may feel bright as wotsit. I'll know soon enough.

But - hey! - no more chemo!

2 comments:

The Apologist said...

Thanks very much Peter.

The Apologist said...

Thanks Topsy