Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Reconnection!

Well, in that way that only the NHS can do, I was completely surprised in my appointment with my consultant Mr B this afternoon. I've got a provisional date for my reconnection! I really wasn't expecting that. It's much sooner than I expected - definitely November and the precise date to be confirmed on Friday.

Blimey!

I'll be in hospital for about a week - and then they really don't know how long it'll take to get myself back to normal after the operation. Maybe a few weeks, maybe months....

(I really don't underestimate how difficult it's going to be - but I'm definitely up for this!)

My head is spinning with it all but I'm also very excited. Suddenly I feel sharp again!

1 comment:

The Apologist said...

Thanks Jules. Hardly slept last night thinking about it all.