Monday, October 30, 2006

Under Siege

I know - I'm a middle aged curmudgeon.

But tonight I feel under siege in my own house. Halloween. Trick or Treat. Waddever. My doorbell has been ringing every ten minutes since 5.00pm and if I don't answer that, then they bang on the door.

And still Bonfire Night to go! The same chav yoofs in the same sh*te masks...

Anyway. Rant over.

Up till then it was a quiet day working at home - mostly reading reports and preparing for my meetings in Coventry and Leeds tomorrow and Wednesday. I'm meeting J's daughter D in Leeds for dinner tomorrow night and really looking forward to that.

Feeling fully chemo free now - and for some reason I seem to be hungry a lot of the time. Well, nothing to worry about - my hospital crash diet will kick in a fortnight today!

A fortnight. Blimey! There are probably all sorts of things I should be doing now because in a fortnight's time I won't be able to or wish I had.

But I can't for the life of me think what they might be.

Apart from answering my door that is...

1 comment:

The Apologist said...

So - getting a Special Halloween Bag wasn't a good idea then...? ;)